Actually there are only two method that are claimed to work like a Reset for the Ink tank after a replace.
For a detailed list of all Service Modes aviable for the Canon Pixma MP140 click here.
HOW TO ENTER : Keep pressed RESET then press POWER. While POWER button is pressed, leave Reset.
Now press twice Reset (always with Power keep pressed) to access to the second service menu. Leave Power. You are now in Service Mode Menu 2.
- Wait until Power light stop to Green
- Press Stop/Reset three time within a delay of 3 seconds between each press.
- Press Power once to Set data. Now the light should be change.
- Open the printer and remove the ink tanks. The printer should be enter in replace mode.
- Reinsert the ink tanks.
- Close the printer and wait 20 - 30 sec.
- Press Power to shutdown the printer.
- When you Tun On again the printer the 2 ink level should be Resetted.
If this "Service Mode" doesn't seem to work, try to enter the 2th service Mode Menu like described in this page and retry all the steps above. Someone says that the timing of 3 seconds between each press is need to reach the results..
HOW TO ENTER : Keep pressed POWER then plug-in power outlet. While keeping Power pressed, press twice
Reset button to access at the second menu. Then leave Power Button. The printer should enter in the Service Mode selected.
- The printer takes about 10 seconds to show the number 0 (to me this happen only with the printer opened)
- Press "+" to change the value from 0 to 1
- When this value is 1, press colour button; this will light up two leds.One is for plain paper and the other for photo paper.
- At this point is feed the printer with paper.
- Press the power button twice and the printer will print a some stuff (if it doesn't print by itself, then press the "color" button once and the test sheet will print). Don’t worry much about the printed material. I got some stripped lines and some numbers. I believe that my colour cartridge is clogged which is why I got the green strips. When you print this sheet the value in the display returns to zero.
- Open the printer cover cover (not the scanner cover) and remove the cartridges.
- With the printer still open, disconnect the power outlet.
- Close the lid and turn on the printer.
- Refill cartridges and place them back in their nice little abode in the printer.
This are the only two procedure that was acclaimed to work in all forums and comments that I have read.
If you want to try all the steps above with other Service Mode look at this page and this page.
Good work and happy printing!
Ti e' piaciuto? Condividilo!
blog comments powered by Disqus